Thursday, June 19, 2014

Hundo Weekend!

I will be attempting my fourth hundred miler in two days at Mohican State Park in Loudonville, Ohio.  Yes, the Mohican 100 is what they call it.  I feel better trained for this race than I have for any other past 100, and I'm feeling pretty confident about reaching my goal of a sub-24.  My plan is to just flow through the first 60 or 70 miles, and then race the last thirty.  Earlier this year I ran the Glacier Ridge 50 in 10 hours and change on very little training leading up to it, and I felt pretty damn good doing it too, so I think a sub-24 is definitely doable.  Anything beyond that is just icing on the cake. 

I've been training pretty well.  Definitely not to my potential, but I've been somewhat consistent putting in miles on the trails.  I had a nice few weeks of peaking, hitting just over 100 miles for one week, and I recovered nicely during all of it. 

I also feel very excited for this weekend's race.  It's been awhile since my last hundred.  I attempted to finish Oil Creek for the second time last October but dropped out 30 miles in because I just felt like crap and wasn't having fun.  So my last 100 finish was Western States, almost a year ago.  Needless to say ("So don't say it asshole!"), I'm just itching to run this event!  There's nothing I enjoy more than a day on the trails with a bunch of other crazy people.  And, there's a buffet every 4-6 miles!!!  Running and eating are my two favorite past-times, so it should make for a good weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to be there to celebrate with you!!! I <3 being there through all your awesome accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete